Thursday, July 31, 2008

Day 5


Ochanamizu. A musician's heaven.

A whole road of shops full with everything music. Displaying mainly guitars (Fenders) but also leaving room for the classicals, antiques and much much more. Come to think of it, I didn't notice much of drums. Hmm.. maybe I wasn't paying enough attention.

And, no pictures, but, if it's anywhere in the world, it'd have to be in Japan where you'll find fluffy pink guitar straps among other funky, outrageous gear. :p



Akihabara. Tokyo's Electrical Town.

Wayy too many mega shops selling anything and everything electrical - neon lights, cds, dvds, cameras, laptops and all that. I didn't step into any shop. Too confusing.

Besides the electrical part, Akihabara is also known for it's Manga/Anime shops and Arcade gaming holes. As in, towers of them. Floors and floors and floors. I didn't go into the arcades. Didn't have enough courage to face the noise.

As for the manga shops...

Lets just say, out of 10 manga/novel covers, 9 would show a pair of guys, (yes, two DUDES) and 1 more would be a guy and another guy that looks like a girl (with the twinkly eyes and reddish lips). Frankly, I'm traumatize!!

I do know about this trend of Yaoi art and fantasy but to actually see shelves and shelves of them is a totally different thing. And what more, these are mangas catered for females. @@

Other than that, it's the usual rather pornographic stuff. Basement floors are usually above 18 only. I didn't bother. Too many men in suits making a beeline to the basement.

So, for those who wanted the hard gay toy. I'm sorry, I prolly won't wanna step foot into a comic shop anymore. Toy shops are also fronts for too much trash once you venture in. :p

I couldn't find the maid cafes either. Directions in Japanese, wakaranai yo! (you can spot a pretty maid in blue giving out flyers in the picture) But I suppose it's a good thing anyway. heh.

Today, i'm off to Yokohama. :D

Labels: , ,