Friday, October 26, 2007

blessed

I've learnt once again that I am blessed beyond words. God is merciful and gracious beyond measure. I feel like a spoilt child.

Everything happened so quick, we were just talking about dogs and road kill and we nearly became just that.

In those split seconds, I could think of nothing. It was just wind and sound and blur and no more. There was no flash back, there was no frantic prayer, there was no one, no thing that passed my mind. I wish I could be spiritual and say I cried His name, but alas, I didn't. It was too fast. I think all I did was gasp.

But we are ok. My passenger and I. Albeit the minor bruises and scratches. The angels did a mighty good job protecting us. :)

The many many thoughts flooded my mind only after we'd stopped moving. My speakers, the ones my brother gave me as a birthday present, will they still work? My passenger, is she ok? Will she survive? The spare car key, remembrance of my bros other car. take it. take it. The little pink Club Med pouch Ricky gave. My koala didn't come off. The paper with the face. My smart tag's with Stin. Shoes in the back seat, sandals in the boot. The rear view mirror at the back seat, it didn't break. All my car stickers. The papers between the seats are stuck. So many things everywhere...

It is amazing how much stuff can go flying about in times like these. I credit myself to having pretty minimal things, nothing on the dashboard, nothing hanging from the mirrors or on the sides. But yet, everything flew. Everything. The coins in the center arm rest. The contents of my hand bag. The rear view mirror. My passenger's handphone out the window. There were, quite a lot of things everywhere.

Sigh.

My car.

It took so much to fight back the tears. I love her so much. I know I've prolly complained about her previously. But I've stopped doing that a while back cause I really do appreciate and love my car. I might not wash her as often but her servicing and maintainence are always on time. :(

Cams, I'm so sorry. I hope you'll come back.

No matter what, I'm still thankful.

I am thankful, that there was nothing more than bruises and shock
I am thankful, that the authorities were kind and polite
I am thankful, that the procedures were bearable and smooth
I am thankful, that I have friends from other Universities around
I am thankful, that the other driver and passenger were nice people
I am thankful, that the tow truck guy took me straight to the police station and not stop at dengkil for a drink (though I feel bad that the other driver had to go through that)
I am thankful, that we HAD to go to Salak Tinggi and not the Cyber police station. Sorry to say, the officers at Cyber s.u.c.k.
I am thankful, that my parents understood
I am thankful, that His strength is more than sufficient to keep me steady in times of turmoil
I am thankful, that my license was renewed in 2004, more than 2 years ago
I am thankful, that the road sign didn't break/bend
I am thankful, that my phone survived!

I am ever, ever so thankful. :)

Lastly, remember these:
1. Always wear your seatbelt. Even if you're going somewhere near.
2. Don't keep so many things in the car. It hazardous as well as a hassle.
3. Don't get Kurnia insurance. They take twice as long.
4. Don't throw your P license away. You might need it.
5. Stop completely at junctions. Look, look and look again.
6. Well, even if you aren't the one at the junction, keep an eye at the junction anyway. Least some crazy Satria driver comes at you.
7. Oh, this isn't really related, but KEEP AWAY from Cyber's police station. Go somewhere else.
8. Make some friends from other Universities in Cyber, preferably with cars. :P
9. Cammy had a full tank. So maybe it'll be good to not fill up your tanks unless you absolutely have to. sigh.

Last last lastly, sorry Jonathan for wrecking your car. :( And thanks for not scolding me upside down. I hope you won't think that all female drivers are dangerous now. I owe you a big, fat dinner. yeah. I do.

Here. The aftermath.



Jonathan's car.



Cammy on the driver's side. The survivor road sign on the floor. You can't see it, but the back wheel is totally dead and her wind screen's cracked a few spiderwebs.



Cams on the passengers side where she got hit bad. By-stander palm tree victim at the rear. Inside's a mess. The seats and all are crooked.



Both cars are facing the direction they were initially coming from. We both took quite a spin.

I wonder if I'll ever redeem myself as a driver. bleh.

p.s. sorry to those whom i didn't get to personally tell about what happened when it happened. it's just a messy few days and i'm not in the mood/frame of mind to explain so much. for what it's worth, i only called my parents to inform them at that time. everyone else found out wayy later (whether thru me or some one else) or only when they contacted me. thanks for praying to those who have been. i appreciate you. :)

Labels: , , ,