where?
If this is not a place
where tears are understood
Then where should I go to cry?
And if this is not a place
where my spirit can take wings
Then where should I go to fly?
I don't need another place
for tryin' to impress you
With just how good and virtuous I am,
no, no, no.
I don't need another place
for always bein' the top of things
Everybody knows that it's a sham,
It's a sham
I don't need another place
for always wearing smiles
Even when it's not the way I feel.
I don't need another place
to mouth the same old platitudes
Everybody knows that it's not real.
So if this is not a place
where my questions can be asked
Then where shall I go and seek?
And if this is not a place
where my heart's cry can be heard
Where, tell me
where, shall I go to speak?
-Ken Medema-
where tears are understood
Then where should I go to cry?
And if this is not a place
where my spirit can take wings
Then where should I go to fly?
I don't need another place
for tryin' to impress you
With just how good and virtuous I am,
no, no, no.
I don't need another place
for always bein' the top of things
Everybody knows that it's a sham,
It's a sham
I don't need another place
for always wearing smiles
Even when it's not the way I feel.
I don't need another place
to mouth the same old platitudes
Everybody knows that it's not real.
So if this is not a place
where my questions can be asked
Then where shall I go and seek?
And if this is not a place
where my heart's cry can be heard
Where, tell me
where, shall I go to speak?
-Ken Medema-


<< Home