Sunday, May 29, 2005

With each step...

I am back! :) Home in KK.
Yay-ness~~

Hong Kong (100 HKD = RM 49)
Hong Kong was fun. A different sort of lifestyle. One that I doubt I'll ever want to adjust to~ ;)

I stayed with my relatives, my dad's bro. They had a nice, cosy place in Kowloon. I think it's quite big for normal Hong Kong standards. :P My aunt's a great cook! She even makes her own bread~

Planet Shakers are not really known, if not totally unknown! None of their CDs were on display at the Christian book shop. Hillsongs are all rage. As usual.

Shopping
Plenty of that there. They have their own fads. Some what outrageous and not-so-suitable-for-Malaysia so to speak. It's not exceptionally cheap, but it is cheaper. Least I managed to get myself some new toys. *grinz* I dislike bargaining, that, I guess, makes me an easy push-over. Kena con kau kau~! *sigh* Well, it was fun while it lasted. :)

Food
As always, this would be one of the major highlights. :D Pork and more pork. Char Siew, Siew Yuk, Siew Ngap, Siew Ngo, Dim Sum ( know as 'Yum Cha' there), tau fu fah, fishball, mango drinks etc etc.. The bad thing is that food is so expensive!! An average bowl of noodles would be about RM 7 - RM 15++.

However, Mc Donald's there is cheap! Ah.. ok, just slightly cheaper than Malaysia, about RM1 cheaper. ;) And the amazing thing is that they have pork in Mc Donalds! PORK! And the Choc Top ice cream? They have an additional flavour, Mango Top! Yellow colour.. Ah.. but then it's not very nice.. *blek*

Macau (100 Patacas = RM 48)
Yes, I went to Macau as well. ;) It took about an hour on the ferry.

Macau is the gambling central for the eastern side of the world. *heh* Kinda like eastern Las Vegas. No Joke. They never did check my ID. So much for the 'Under 18 not allowed'. Ok, fine, I'm older than that, but come on, even I would check me! Me no likey them Casinos.. uh huh.. No likey at all.

I did like the other part of Macau thou. *smilez*

Macau isn't very big, everywhere is within walking distance. The town centre where most of the shopping is located is very nice. Looks really western. Macau was under Portugese rule before it was handed back to China. So, it's not surprising that you see a little bit of Melacca here and there.

Both Macau and Hong Kong are special territories, so, they have their own currency and also immigration. Yes, you need a passport to get in. It's like Sabah, except Sabah doesn't have their own currency. Thank God for that! *winkz*

Managed to try out some Portugese food. Yum yum~ Nice.. :D And again, I don't think I'd like to stay in Macau for good too. I keep having a bad feeling a tsunami will hit it.

Shen Zhen (100 Ren Min Bi = RM 47.5)
Shen Zhen is part of China too. Takes about 30 minutes train ride to the border of Hong Kong where all the immigration is. Then you can get yourself a visa and WALK into China. There's only this not-very-wide river.. ok, its part of the sea, that separates the two places. People used to swim across. It's about 200m.. Maybe less. There's a nice walkway now, fully covered pedestrian crossing type of bridge.

Didn't get to see much of Shen Zhen. Just went to this shopping centre very near the train station and spent the whole day there. It was crazy! 5 floors, 11 hours, and we didn't cover everything. Oh, did i mention i hate bargaining? Insane place.

---------------------------------------------------

Well, that about wraps up my trip there. :) (happy now Celine? I did this for you. Better appreciate it!) One thing I would have loved to do was to visit some churches. But I didn't manage to. *sigh* It wouldn't have been something high on my parent's list of things-to-do.

I did manage to read 2 books thou~ "This Present Darkness" and "Tuesdays with Morrie". Both are awesome. Reading the sequel to the 1st book now, "Piercing the Darkness".

And so I'm back home in KK. Not for long. Returning to KL tomorrow.. Holidays are almost over. Opps.. I didn't remind you now did I? ;) 8 weeks are so not enough for me. But then again, no matter how many months I get, I'd still fully utilize all the time I got. It'll never be enough for me. *smilez*

Nope, we're not there yet. I can't and can wait to reach. (Get me?) Let Your plans unfold at Your own speed. I'm not in control and I don't want to be. :)